Hot weather. Cold brew! Summer is officially in full swing and we've got you covered with our brand new cold brew blend to help keep you cool.
Whether you went to summer camp every summer as a kid, or have never set foot in a cabin full of bunk beds, this cold brew blend is for everyone. It was inspired by the nostalgia of friendship bracelets, the smell of fresh-cut grass, and making the most of every summer day!
Our Summer Camp Cold Brew is a 3-bean blend that is an extra smooth, medium roast, perfect for use as a cold brew concentrate. We roast Panama beans for prominent notes of smooth milk chocolate, and blend them with a splash of Ethiopian beans for a little zing, and finally round it all off with some Indonesian beans for a touch of toasty, earthy flavors. The finished product is is a medium-bodied roast that is low in acidity and beautifully balanced. We've roasted this blend specifically to be brewed in cold water for the smoothest and creamiest cold brew you can make right at home! But if iced coffee isn't your thing, don't fret -- this roast is great brewed hot, too!
Summer Camp Cold Brew
ROAST LEVEL: MEDIUM ROAST
TASTING NOTES: CHOCOLATE MOUSSE, TOASTED MARSHMELLOW & FRESH PINE
• 1 Cup Coarse Ground Coffee
• 4 Cups Cold Water
• 1 Quart Mason Jar or Container
• Fine Mesh Strainer, Coffee Filter, Cheesecloth
Serving Size: 4 Cups of Cold Brew Concentrate
1) Put your coarse ground coffee in a 1QT mason jar or container.
2) Fill with 4 cups of cold, filtered water and mix well.
3) Now we wait! Let the coffee sit overnight or for at least 12 hours in the fridge.
4) Using cheesecloth or a thin towel, or a coffee filter over a fine mesh strainer, strain the coffee ground from the mixture and pour the concentrate into a pitcher or jar.
5) Time to enjoy! Fill a glass halfway up with cold brew concentrate, top off with cold water or milk of your choice, or to your desired strength. Make sure to serve over ice!
Fun tip! Got leftover hot coffee after your morning cup of joe? Let it cool and pour it into an ice cube tray. Makes tasty coffee cubes that won't water down your cold brew or iced coffee!